This training pack has been designed to help you meet your continuing professional development and education needs and to enhance your ability to understand and apply Health and Safety legislation and deal safely and effectively with related issues that you may encounter in your professional practice.
This is a distance learning pack where you are expected to engage in a programme of self directed learning at the end of which you will be expected to answer the questions having read through the knowledge section of the pack. The length of time taken to complete the pack will be dependent on targets set for you by you manager.
Successful completion of this course will enable staff to:
- Know the relevant health and safety legislation as it applies in your place of work.
- Know the principles of hazard identification, risk assessment and accident prevention and have the ability to present recommendations to reduce the likelihood of hazards.
- Understand the principles of Emergency aid and how to respond to an emergency.
- Understand the importance of safe working practices in relation to handling hazardous substances, fire safety and prevention and food safety.
- Understand the principles of protecting your personal safety and lone working.
- Understand how to identify the signs of stress and what action to take if you feel you are suffering from stress.